The Kaffir lime is an exotic citrus fruit that adds a punch of flavor to any food palate. Move over key limes. These kaffir lime recipes are simply delicious!
These small round citrus fruits are taking over the North American culinary scene.
The intoxicating aroma of the Kaffir lime will have you reaching for its leaves for nearly every meal. Read below to discover our 5 best kaffir lime recipes.
5 Top Kaffir Lime Recipes
The following recipes use kaffir limes as the central ingredient, making it more than just a garnish for dishes.
Kaffir Lime Curd
Curds are great as jams or can be used as a base for pies and similar desserts. This recipe doesn't require many ingredients and is easy to make. This kaffir lime curd will last you up to two weeks.
- 4 Kaffir Limes
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- Kaffir Lime Zest (1 lime)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 Cup of Butter (shaved)
- Lightly grate the zest into a heatproof bowl or double boiler.
- Juice 4 limes into the bowl with the zest.
- Add the sugar and butter to the mixture. Add water to the bottom pot and bring to a simmer.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted.
- Whisk the eggs and slowly pour them into the heated mixture.
- Whisk the mixture for 5-10 minutes or until it turns into a thick gel.
- Transfer the curd into a clean jar. Allow it to cool before sealing.
Kaffir Lime Ice-cream
This sweet treat will have you craving ice-cream all year long.
- 2-3 TBSP Kaffir Lime Zest
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Cups of Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Using a mixer, add the sugar and egg and mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the zest, milk, cream, and extract.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Churn the mixture for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
- For a thicker consistency, freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
Spicy Kaffir Lime Cashews
- 5 Kaffir Lime Leaves (chopped)
- 4 Cups Raw Cashews
- 5 Red Chile Peppers (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Ancho Chile Pepper
- 2 TBSP Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Add all ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and toss until evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread cashews evenly on the sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Mini Kaffir Lime Tarts
- 1 Kaffir Lime (juiced)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 6 TBSP butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add liners to a 12-count muffin pan.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Add 1 TBSP to each liner.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese on high speed with a mixer until smooth. Add egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice.
- Pour filling on top of crusts.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Cool in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
Tangy Kaffir Skewers
- 16 Kaffir Leaves
- 16 Apricot Halves
- 4 Chicken Thighs (cubed)
- 3 Spring Onions
- 2 Kaffir Limes (quartered)
- 2 TBSP Sweet Chili Sauce
- Soak 8-10 bamboo skewers in cold water for 15-20 minutes.
- Thread the chicken, kaffir leaves, apricots, lime wedges and spring onions on the skewers.
- Cook skewers on the grill until tender.
- Brush sweet chili sauce over skewers 5 minutes before removing them from the grill.
Or, try growing your own fresh Kaffir limes with our fast-growing Kaffir lime trees!