Top 2 Most Delicious Meyer Lemon Cake Recipes
A moist, buttery lemon cake is one of tastiest cakes and citrus desserts out there. Here are the top 2 most delicious Meyer lemon cake recipes you need to try!
Meyer lemons are just like regular lemons, but better. They're a hybrid fruit propagated from citrons and mandarins and have a distinctive floral, sweet taste.
This flavor portfolio makes them perfect for sweet eats that have some health benefits too. Meyer lemons can contain over 80mg of Vitamin C per 100g lemon, including the peel.
These mouthwatering Meyer lemon cake recipes are just two ways to enjoy the benefits and great taste of this sought-after citrus treat.
1. Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake
This classic cake's easy to make and a great addition to any tea time. Preheat your oven to 350°F, then grease, and flour a nine to ten cup bundt pan before you get started. Here's the drill:
- 1 ½cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ t lemon zest
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ t vanilla
- ½ t lemon extract
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder together
- Whisk the other ingredients together until smooth.
- Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients and mix until they're just combined.
- Bake in your preheated oven for thirty to thirty-five minutes
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a serving dish
- For the glaze, whisk 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice with ⅔ cup of powdered sugar and add 2 tablespoons of cream, one teaspoon at a time.
When the cake cools, drizzle the glaze over the top, and let it set before slicing the cake and serving it.
2. Meyer Lemon Cake
People have enjoyed lemon cakes since the 17th century and there's a lot to love about this simple recipe using Meyer lemons. Get started by heating your oven to 350 degrees F and greasing and flouring a 8 x 4 ¼ inch loaf pan.
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ t baking powder
- ¼ t baking soda
- ¼ t salt
- 8 T unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 3 Meyer lemons
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 T of Meyer lemon juice
- ½ t vanilla extract
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk the eggs, lemon juice, yogurt, and vanilla extract in a seperate bowl.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and lemon zest for 5 minutes in an electric mixer.
- Add one-third of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and combine.
- Add another third of the flour, and then add the yogurt mixture.
- Add the last third of the flour and combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for about 50 minutes.
- While the cake's baking, make a simple syrup by warming ¼ cup of granulated sugar and ¼ cup of lemon juice until the sugar melts.
- Pour the syrup over the warm cake.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning it out on a serving dish.
- Mix ½ cup of powdered sugar with 2 to 3 teaspoons of lemon juice and drizzle it over the cooled cake.
Try More Meyer Lemon Cake Recipes
Once you've tried these Meyer lemon cake recipes, you're bound to develop a taste for more tasty citrus fruit recipes.
Unfortunately, it's sometimes difficult to track down these unusual citrus fruits at your local grocery store. Don't go without, Meyer lemons are easy to grow and a worthy addition to any orchard.
For delicious citrus fruit including lemons delivered straight to your door from our grove, try our new citrus subscription boxes. Receive ongoing boxes of grove-fresh citrus fruit, packed with our ripest seasonal citrus varieties!