Kaffir (Makrut) Lime Fruit
Kaffir lime fruit, also known as Makrut lime or Thai lime, available online, near you with free shipping. Fresh Kaffir Limes vacuum-sealed. Used in fine dining and cuisine for its extremely aromatic oils. Our Kaffir limes are used for specific gin distillations for their unique flavor.
Kaffir Limes, also known as Makrut or Thai Lime, are difficult to find, as there are very few growers in the US who can successfully grow this lime. Our Kaffir limes are used for specific gin distillations for their unique flavor.
- The rind can be used to make Thai curry paste and aromatherapy.
- In many cultures, this small and bumpy citrus fruit has medicinal uses.
- Oils of the rind have uses ranging from sour dish flavoring to an insect repellant.
- The pulp of Kaffir limes is yellowish-green, very sour, slightly bitter, and very fragrant.
- The lime tree reaches full maturity in late winter to early spring, with the rind turning yellow.