Known as 'citrus caviar', the finger lime variety is coveted by culinary masters. The Australian finger lime is the most challenging citrus variety to grow and the fruit can fetch prices of over $100/lbs!
The Australian finger lime tree is a highly-productive lime tree that provides delicious and juicy citrus fruit. Grow your own gourmet finger limes bursting with citrus flavor. Learn more about this versatile lime tree and fruit below.
Australian Finger Lime Fruit
Features of the Australian finger lime:
- The limes are colorful and slender, with small pulp and caviar-like vesicles.
- Pulp can be extracted by squeezing one end of a finger lime after the other end is cut off.
- The limes are often used as a colorful garnish for fine cuisine, cocktails, salads, and seafood.
- The finger-like fruit is tart, round, and filled with juicy beads.
- A firm fruit that's 6-12 cm in length.
- The fruit is thin-skinned, with a shorter shelf life than other citrus varieties (~3 weeks).
- Harvesting while wet will rupture the fruit vesicles and cause bruising.
Australian Finger Lime Tree
Features of the Australian finger lime tree:
- The lime tree is native to Australia.
- A dense, bush-like lime tree that's very thorny.
- Perfect for tight garden spots and across landscapes.
- The finger lime tree is easily sunburned.
- Slower-growing than other citrus varieties.
- Produces cucumber-shaped limes that grow in large numbers.
Grow Your Own Finger Limes
- The lime tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall.
- It will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot.
- With proper care, the lime tree will start bearing fruit in its second year.
- You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your finger lime tree.
Looking for more lime trees and lime varieties? Check out our line of all-natural, fast-growing lime trees available in our citrus tree shop.