The Navel orange is the absolute finest orange to eat fresh and is incredibly flavorful.
Want to grow your own Navel oranges? We offer high quality, fast-growing Navel orange trees here at US Citrus. Learn more about the Navel orange fruit and tree below.
Navel Orange Fruit
Features of the Navel orange fruit:
- Classic Navel oranges are unmatched in rich flavor, with fine, juicy, sweet flesh, and they are easy-to-peel and seedless.
- The orange develops a bright rind color.
- The most distinctive feature of navel oranges is the presence of a navel—a small and rudimentary secondary fruit embedded in the apex of the primary fruit.
- The juice can be enjoyed if consumed immediately, but unlike Valencia, the juice can turn bitter quickly.
- The fruit can be sensitive to weather changes, and blossoms can drop.
Navel Orange Trees
Features of the Navel orange tree:
- Medium to large trees.
- A rounded tree with deep green foliage.
- Umbrella-like foliage.
- Crops mature November to February.
Grow Your Own Navel Oranges
- The orange tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall.
- It will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot.
- With proper care, the tree will start bearing fruit in its second year.
- You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your citrus tree.
Looking for more orange trees and orange varieties? Check out our line of all-natural, fast-growing orange trees available in our citrus tree shop.