Rio Red Grapefruit
Features of the Rio Red grapefruit:
- Rio Red grapefruits are some of the tastiest and juiciest grapefruits in the world.
- Large fruit with yellow rind with a red blush.
- The classic Rio Red grapefruit variety is widely known for its delicious pink-red fleshed fruit.
- Juicy with a fine sweet and tart flavor, fairly easy to peel.
- Fruit holds very well on the tree.
- Introduced to the general public in 1984, the Rio Red grapefruit hails from the breeding program of the citrus legend Dr. R.A. Hensz from the Texas A&M Citrus Center.
Rio Red Grapefruit Tree
Features of the Rio Red grapefruit tree:
- The grapefruits from the Rio Red grapefruit tree ripen between November to May.
- The tree will start bearing sweet, tasty red-fleshed grapefruit in its second year.
- Grapefruit has the highest heat requirement of any citrus.
- Vigorous growing, large tree, with a spreading canopy, large dark green leaves.
- The grapefruit was discovered growing on the branch of a Ruby Red budwood.
Grow Your Own Rio Red Grapefruits
- The tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 18-inches tall (not including root system) in a 1-gallon plastic pot.
- With proper care, your tree will bear fruit in one year.
- You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your citrus tree.
Fast-growing citrus trees at a great low price.
Order your very own Rio Red grapefruit tree today!
Want to grow your own Rio Red grapefruits? We offer high quality, fast-growing Rio Red grapefruit trees here at US Citrus. Learn more about the Rio Red grapefruit and tree below.