An ornamental tree with heavy bearing fruit, the Calamondin orange tree is a fun hybrid variety of citrus that can be popped into your mouth and eaten rind and all!
The cold-hardy Calamondin orange tree is perfect for growing in containers indoors or out. The fruit is a hybrid citrus, a cross between a mandarin orange and a kumquat.
The Calamondin tree is one of the most popular potted citrus, and great for placing in sunlight or near a window for healthy growth. The Calamondin can be grown outdoors during warmer months, and inside during the winter season.
Want to grow your own Calamondins? Get fast-growing and micro-budded Calamondin trees for sale at US Citrus. Start growing your own flavorful Calamondin oranges within a year! Learn more about the features and benefits of the Calamondin orange tree below.
Calamondin Orange Tree
- A cold-hardy citrus tree variety that prefers bright sunlight.
- The Calamondin tree is compact and finely textured with small leaves.
- An excellent container plant for growing Calamondins indoors or out.
- A vigorous bearing citrus variety, with year-round fruit production.
- Fruit provides many uses including juicing, cooking, and preserves.
- A wonderful compliment for tea, seafood, meats, and sauces.
- Most tree fruiting takes place between June-November.
- The Calamondin orange tree can fragrantly bloom year long.
- A healthy fruit rich in Vitamin A, C, fiber, calcium, and potassium.
Produce Calamondin Oranges
- The Calamondin fruit is one of the best citrus varieties for growing indoors.
- The citrus fruit resembles a kumquat and mandarin hybrid.
- Seedy, thin-skinned, small, round and orange fruit with a tart flavor.
- The fruit has a thinner skin than most other oranges.
- An excellent orange citrus fruit for making marmalade.
- The fruit has an edible rind and a sweeter flesh than the tart Kumquat.
- A highly valued citrus in the Asian community, especially as a gift for the Chinese New Year.
- Calamondin fruit is small, red to yellow-orange, and often grow in clusters.
Grow Your Own Calamondin Tree
- The Calamondin tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall.
- It will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot.
- With proper care, the tree will start bearing fruit in its second year.
- You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your Calamondin orange tree.
Looking for more orange citrus tree and fruit varieties? Check out our collection of orange trees and other all-natural, fast-growing citrus trees for sale at US Citrus.