Known as 'citrus caviar', this variety is coveted by culinary masters. It is the most challenging citrus variety to grow and it can fetch prices of over $100/lbs!
Australian Finger Lime Fruit:
- colorful, small pulp, with caviar-like vesicles
- may extract the pulp by squeezing one end of the fruit after the other end is cut off
- often used as a colorful garnish for fine cuisine, cocktails, salads or seafood
- firm fruit, 6-12cm in length
- thin-skinned, with shorter shelf life than other citrus varieties (~3 weeks)
- easily sunburned
- harvesting while wet will rupture the fruit vesicles and cause bruising
Australian Finger Lime Tree:
- native to Australia
- 'brush' like tree, very thorny
- slower-growing than other citrus varieties
Grow Your Own Australian Finger Limes
The tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall. It will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot. With proper care, it will start bearing fruit in approximately one-year. You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your tree.