Blood Orange Fruit
Features of the Moro blood orange:
- Named for its distinctively colored flesh, the blood orange’s red color is due to the presence of anthocyanins, the same antioxidant compounds found in purple grapes.
- Moro is the most popular variety of blood orange.
- Medium size fruit, with internal color from light orange-red to dark purple
- Rich flavor, with a hint of berries.
- Easy to pool and usually seedless.
- The fruit requires cool night temperatures to develop. The fruit’s flesh may not darken as consistently in humid areas.
- The fruit matures typically in December to February.
- The oranges contain a low number of seeds while providing a juicy flesh and pleasant flavor.
Blood Orange Tree
Features of the Moro blood orange tree:
- The blood orange tree is very easy to grow either indoors or outdoors.
- cold hardy tree.
- It is a vigorous growing, medium size tree, with a tendency to alternate-bearing years (heavy, then light).
- The blood orange requires both warm days for sugars to form and cool nights for the color to develop.
Grow Your Own Blood Oranges
- The blood orange tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall.
- It will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot.
- With proper care, the tree will start bearing fruit in its second year.
- You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your citrus tree.
Fast-growing citrus trees at a great low price.
Order your very own blood orange tree today!