An ornamental tree with heavy bearing fruit, the Calamondin is a fun hybrid variety of citrus fruit that can be popped into your mouth and eaten rind and all!
The cold-hardy Calamondin citrus tree is perfect for growing in containers indoors or out. The fruit is a hybrid citrus, a cross between a mandarin orange and a kumquat. The Calamondin tree in great for placing in sunlight or near a window for healthy growth. The Calamondin tree can be grown outdoors during warmer months, and inside during the winter season.
Want to grow your own Calamondins? Get fast-growing and micro-budded Calamondin trees here at US Citrus. Start growing your own flavorful Calamondin fruits within a year! Learn more about the Calamondin tree and fruit below.
Features of the Calamondin fruit:
- The Calamondin is one of the best citrus varieties for growing indoors.
- The citrus fruit resembles a kumquat and mandarin hybrid.
- Seedy, thin-skinned, small, round and orange, with a tart flavor.
- The fruit has a thinner skin than most oranges.
- An excellent orange citrus fruit for making marmalade.
- The fruit has an edible rind and a sweeter flesh than the tart Kumquat.
- A highly valued citrus in the Asian community, especially as a gift for the Chinese New Year.
- Calamondin fruit is small, red to yellow-orange, and often grow in clusters.
Features of the Calamondin tree:
- A cold-hardy citrus tree variety that prefers bright sunlight.
- The Calamondin tree is compact and finely textured with small leaves.
- An excellent container plant for growing Calamondins indoors or out.
- A vigorous bearing citrus variety, with year-round fruit production.
- Fruit provides many uses including juicing, cooking, and preserves.
- A wonderful compliment for tea, seafood, meats, and sauces.
- Most fruiting takes place between June-November.
- The Calamondin tree can fragrantly bloom year long.
- A healthy fruit rich in Vitamin A, C, fiber, calcium, and potassium.
Grow Your Own Calamondins
- The Calamondin tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall.
- It will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot.
- With proper care, it will start bearing fruit in its second year.
- You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your tree.
Get free shipping on your next batch of Calamondin trees for sale here at US Citrus while supplies last!
Looking for more citrus trees and fruit varieties? Check out our line of all-natural, fast-growing citrus trees available in our citrus shop.