Kaffir Lime Fruit
Features of the Kaffir lime:
- Additionally, the peel or rind can be used to make Thai curry paste and aromatherapy.
- In many cultures, this small and bumpy citrus fruit has both culinary (garnish) uses and medicinal property uses.
- Also, oils of the rind have uses ranging from sour dish flavoring to an insect repellant.
- The pulp of Kaffir limes is yellowish green, very sour and slightly bitter, and very fragrant.
- The fruit is not edible, and it is incredibly oily and has a fragrant aroma.
- The lime tree reaches full maturity in late winter to early spring, with the rind turning yellow.
Kaffir Lime Tree
Features of the Kaffir lime tree:
- The lime is more commonly known and used for its leaves consisting of a large petiole and a same sized leaf blade.
- The Kaffir lime tree is grown and harvested primarily for its dark green lime leaves to create spices or oils.
- Dried Kaffir Lime leaves are sold online for nearly $30 an ounce!
- Other uses include blending into massage oils, natural shampoos, and various herbal products.
- The tree is less cold hardy than Persian Lime.
- The tree exhibits good growth with full sun.
- The Kaffir Lime tree produces some of the most exotic limes in the world with all of its unique uses!
Grow Your Own Kaffir Limes
- The Kaffir lime tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall.
- It will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot.
- With proper care, it will start bearing fruit in its second year.
- You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your tree.
Fast-growing citrus trees at a great low price.
Order your very own Kaffir lime tree today!