The mandarin orange tree grows well-known, delicious citrus fruits also referred and closely related to “tangerines” and “clementines”. The subvariety we use is the Satsuma, a sweet and seedless variety.
Mandarin Orange Fruit:
- These citrus fruits are characterized by small round fruits with a loose-peeling skin.
- The fruit is usually medium in size with a thin, smooth rind that is reddish-orange at maturity and easily peeled.
- The flesh is a deep orange color, with a rich flavor.
- The mandarin orange variety is perfect for those with a sweet tooth and children.
- The subvariety we ship is the Satsuma mandarin, a seedless variety, as long as there is not another mandarin within 50 yards.
Mandarin Orange Tree:
- The slow-growing mandarin orange tree is also very cold-hardy and drought-resistant
- Year-round fruit production, with the peak season being autumn to spring.
- The tree is a large, vigorous, densely foliated tree
- tendency to alternate bearing with high fruit yield one year, then lower yield the next.
Fresh Mandarin Oranges
The tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall. It will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot. With proper care, it will start bearing fruit in approximately one-year. You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your tree.