One of the most popular citrus trees to grow lemons is the Improved Meyer Lemon Tree. Every proper garden in the United States should include this tree to produce delicious lemons. Also known as a “Valley Lemon” in Texas, the Meyer lemon tree is a handsome, ornamental, and small citrus tree.
The Meyer lemon, scientifically known as Citrus × meyeri 'Improved', is a hybrid citrus fruit native to China. The lemon became widely grown in California by the mid-1940s. The Meyer lemon tree is perfect for growing an abundance of juicy and flavorful lemons both indoors and out.
Want to grow your own fresh Meyer lemons? At US Citrus, we offer the highest quality Meyer lemon trees around! Learn more about the Meyer lemon tree and fruit below.
Meyer Lemon Fruit
Features of the Meyer lemon:
- The Meyer lemon is thin-skinned with a bright yellow rind, which turns orange-yellow as the fruit ripens on the tree.
- The lemons have a juicy, moderately acidic and flowery flavor with lots of seeds and can be difficult to peel.
- Meyer lemon trees are prolific citrus fruit producers with incredibly fragrant and beautiful blossoms.
- The tree grows lemons that are smaller and more cold-resistant than Eureka lemons.
- The lemon juice tastes sweeter than a Eureka and provides a medium lemon flavor.
- Meyer lemons are a hybrid of a lemon and mandarin and are less acidic than other true lemons as a result.
- Meyer lemons make for a sweet and nutritious lemonade.
Meyer Lemon Tree
Features of the Meyer lemon tree:
Grow Your Own Meyer Lemons
- The Meyer lemon tree shipped to your door straight from our citrus grove is carefully micro-budded and grafted, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall.
- You get the "Improved" Meyer lemon variety that is disease-resistant.
- The tree will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot.
- With proper care, the tree will bear lemons within the first 1-2 years.
- You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your new tree.
Enjoy the juicy and sweet flavor of your own naturally grown Meyer lemons!
Improved Meyer lemon trees from US Citrus grow twice as fast due to a patented micro-budding and grafting process.
Order your very own Meyer lemon tree today!