The Improved Meyer lemon tree is the most popular citrus tree and a must for every proper garden in the United States. Also known as a “Valley Lemon” in Texas, the Meyer lemon tree is a handsome, ornamental, small citrus tree.
Meyer Lemon Fruit:
- Thin skinned with a bright yellow rind, which turns orange-yellow as the fruit ripens on the tree
- Very juicy, moderately acidic, flowery flavor. Lots of seeds, difficult to peel.
- Meyer lemon trees are prolific fruit producers with incredibly fragrant and beautiful blossoms
- In regards to growth, the tree grows lemons that are smaller and more cold-resistant than Eureka Lemons
- Further, the lemon juice tastes sweeter than a Eureka and provides a medium lemon flavor. The lemons are less acidic because it is actually a hybrid of a lemon and mandarin
- makes a sweet and nutritious lemonade
- Thought to be a cross between a true lemon and a mandarin
Meyer Lemon Tree:
Fresh Meyer Lemons that Grow Fast
The tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall. It will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot. With proper care, it will start bearing fruit in approximately one-year. You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your tree.