This citrus fruit is our specialty and the gold standard for use in cocktail drinks and cuisine! The Persian lime tree grows vigorously, producing fruit that are around 2-2.5 inches in diameter.
The Best Lime Juice and Flavor
The Persian lime has a thin, smooth rind, and the seedless flesh is pale greenish- yellow, acidic, juicy and finely-textured. Limes of this variety bear fruit almost all year, and generally reach maturity in late autumn to early winter. This citrus fruit is more cold hardy than other citrus varieties.
The Persian Lime Fruit:
- A seedless and very juicy citrus fruit with an excellent tart flavor
- Thin, smooth rind, very acidic, difficult to peel
- Healthy limes the size of lemons
- Stronger resistance to cold compared to other lime trees
- The gold-standard lime for cocktail drinks and Mexican food
- Year-round fruit production, but most fruit in winter
- holds well on tree, turning yellow-green when ripe
The Persian lime is the most versatile and popular limes in the world!
The Persian Lime Tree
- The most cold hardy tree of all limes
- Year-round harvest for a consistent supply of fruit
- handsome small tree with dark green leaves, some thorns, but less so than Mexican limes
Fast Growing Persian Limes
The tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall. It will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot. With proper care, it will start bearing fruit in approximately one-year. You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your tree.