This citrus fruit is our specialty and the gold standard for use in cocktail drinks and cuisine! The Persian lime tree grows vigorously, producing fruit that are around 2-2.5 inches in diameter. It is also known as the Tahiti or Bearss Lime.
Want to grow your own Persian limes? We offer high quality, fast-growing Persian lime trees here at US Citrus. Learn more about the Persian lime tree and fruit below.
The Persian Lime Fruit
Features of the Persian lime:
- Seedless and very juicy citrus fruit with an excellent tart flavor.
- The Persian lime has a thin, smooth rind, and the seedless flesh is pale greenish- yellow, acidic, juicy and finely-textured.
- Healthy limes the size of lemons.
- Stronger resistance to cold compared to other lime trees.
- The gold-standard lime for cocktail drinks and Mexican food
- Year-round fruit production, but most fruit in winter.
- Limes of this variety bear fruit almost all year, and generally reach maturity in late autumn to early winter.
- The Persian lime is the most versatile and popular lime in the world!
The Persian Lime Tree
Features of the Persian lime tree:
- The coldest hardy tree of all limes.
- Year-round harvest for a consistent supply of fruit.
- Handsome small tree with dark green leaves, some thorns, but less so than Mexican limes.
Grow Your Own Persian Limes
- The Persian lime tree you will receive is micro-budded, non-GMO, and about 12 inches tall.
- It will ship in a plastic tube and will need to be transplanted as soon as possible into a 15-gallon pot.
- With proper care, the tree will start bearing fruit in its second year.
- You will receive detailed video instructions on how to transplant and care for your citrus tree.
Fast-growing citrus trees at a great low price.
Order your very own Persian lime tree today!
Looking for more lime trees and lime varieties? Check out our line of all-natural, fast-growing lime trees available in our citrus tree selection.