Looking to try the latest fruit cocktails in 2020? Check out these four tasty fresh fruit cocktails. You're sure to fall in love with these refreshing drinks!
Are you looking to try out some new fruit cocktail recipes?
Whether it's the dead of winter or a sunny day in July, there's nothing quite as refreshing as a citrus-infused fruit cocktail.
But, which cocktails should you mix?
Check out this guide to learn about the top fresh citrus fruit cocktails you have to try in 2020.
1. Raspberry and Lemon Rosé Sparkler
There aren't many cocktails out there that call for raspberries. And, lemons typically play the humble role of the garnish.
If you're looking to make raspberries and lemons the leading ladies, this is a great recipe to try out. Here's how you make it:
- Gather the ingredients: 1.5 pints of fresh raspberries, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 bottle of sparkling rosé, sliced raspberries and lemons
- In a pitcher, smash the raspberries, lemon juice, and sugar together
- Top with sparkling rosé
- Serve the drink over ice with fresh raspberries and sliced lemons
2. Pineapple Mojito
Everyone loves a fresh mojito. If you're looking to kick your mojito up a notch, we suggest trying this recipe.
Here's how to make a pineapple mojito:
- Gather the ingredients: 3 oz rum, 1 oz pineapple juice, 1 oz triple sec, 2 slices of fresh pineapple, 6 to 8 mint leaves, 4 to 5 lime wedges, mint sprig for garnish
- Muddle the lime, pineapple, and mint in the bottom of a cocktail shaker
- Fill the shaker with ice, then add the other ingredients
- Shake well and strain into a high ball glass filled with ice
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy!
3. Cava Cocktail
If you're really looking to get your citrus on, the cava cocktail is for you. Here's how to make this fruity drink:
- Gather the ingredients: half an orange juiced, half a lemon juiced, 50 ml of vodka, half tsp orange blossom water, 1 tsp cinnamon sugar, 250 ml cava, 1 small finely sliced orange
- Dry the orange slices by baking them at 190 to 230 degrees Fahrenheit for two hours
- Pour the vodka, fruit juices, cinnamon, and orange blossom water into a cocktail shaker and add some ice
- Shake well and then strain into two large wine glasses
- Top with cava and garnish with a slice of dried orange
4. Brazilian Sangria
There's a regular sangria, and then there's the Brazilian sangria. Here's how to make this deliciously fruity cocktail:
- Gather the ingredients: half cup of seasonal fruit of your choosing, 1.25 oz cachaca, 0.5 oz absinthe, 0.5 oz brandy, 0.5 oz orange liqueur, 1 oz red wine
- Thoroughly muddle the fruit, absinthe, brandy, cachaca, and orange liqueur in a cocktail shaker
- Pour everything into a wine glass with ice
- Float with red wine on the top
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and enjoy!
Are You Ready to Try These Fruit Cocktails?
As you can see, there are some delicious fruit cocktails out there worth trying. While you can certainly buy the fruit for these cocktails from the grocery store, your drinks will taste even better with fresh citrus fruit or fruit from your own trees!
Check out our selection of easy to grow citrus fruit trees today!